Submit a Recipe
View All Recipes
Vote on Recipes
Please note the following:
Voting is no longer available for round 1
You must be logged in to comment. If you are a new user, go to the
to register. If you are an existing user, login above.
13 of 27
This is a fun and easy candy to throw together for your holiday party!
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Truffles
For the filling:
1 pkg cream cheese, slightly softened
5 candy canes
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup (appx. 6 large) ground graham crackers
1/4 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
For the coating:
2 cups of white chocolate chips or almond bark
1/2 cup of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
2 crushed candy canes
1. With a spatula, whip up the cream cheese to a stirrable consistency.
2. Using a food processor, grind 3 of your candy canes to a powder. Stir the ground candy canes, powdered sugar and ground graham crackers into the cream cheese with a spatula until everything is well-incorporated.
3. Place the last two candy canes in a quart sized plastic ziploc bag, and using a heavy bowl, crush up the candy canes into small pieces (not quite a powder, since you want these to add a bit of a crunch to your truffles). Add the candy canes, along with the chopped white chocolate to your cream cheese truffle mixture.
4. Chill the mixture well, for four hours or overnight.
5. When ready to assemble the truffles, divide the mixture into tbsp. sized balls and put the balls on a cookie sheet. By the time you're done making the truffle balls, the mixture probably warmed up a bit, so place the cheesecake balls in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up.
6. In the meantime, melt your white chocolate for the coating (either in the microwave or with a double boiler).
7. Take your cheesecake balls out of the freezer, and individually dip each ball in the white chocolate mixture. Place the finished dipped balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper for the chocolate to set.
8. Once the white chocolate has set, melt your milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips and add a small amount on top of each truffle, along with some crushed candy canes for decoration.
9. Enjoy these cheesecake truffles right out of the refrigerator and keep the truffles cold, since there is cream cheese in the recipe.
There are none at this time.
Reason For The Season Recipe Contest
Powered by ©
All rights reserved.